Wednesday 26 June 2019

One week on...

… and I might have discovered something interesting about Benson's heroics in the Theatre Royal fire.  With true Bensonian serendipity, it concerns a place where I was taken by a very lovely friend two weeks ago - a bar in Market Street  I'd never been in before - and at the time I was totally unaware that it had played a part in the story I was trying to write!  Still not quite ready to share it all, but I've been writing like mad, grazing all the source materials again and trying to make sense of all the accounts of that night, placed together.  It is amazing what we know... and what we don't.  I've spent several hours this week on this and I'm delighted with the way it is knitting together.  Just need to return to that bar with a camera, knowing what I know... EXCITED!

These are internet sourced images.  Going to add my own once I've been back...

No comments:

Post a Comment